- Born 21 April 1862 (Monday) - TOURS 37
- Deceased 8 July 1934 (Sunday) - PARIS 75 , age at death: 72 years old
- Prix de Rome 1891
Spouses and children
- Married about 1900 to Lilli SCHEIKEVITCH ca 1875- (Parents : Samuel SCHEIKEVITCH, Avocat 1842-1908 & Sophie Ivanovna X ca 1855-) with
- Pierre SICARD, Artiste Peintre 1900-1980
- Foster father : Louis Ernest BARRIAS, Artiste Sculpteur 1841-1905
- Foster child : Louis LEYGUE, Artiste Sculpteur 1905-1992
George Sand au Jardin du Luxembourg
considered one of the more talented yet most elusive sculptors of the late 19th and early 20th century. His credits include work on the adornments of the Louvre, and numerous sculptures around the world.
Sicard was born in Tours, studied with Louis-Ernest Barrias, and is known for his lithography and his fiercely patriotic original works of art.
Despite the prolific populace of noted works throughout Europe, surprisingly little is known about Sicard himself.
His work is very similar to that of Gustave Adolphe Grauk (1827-1920) and Antoine-Augustin Préault (1809-1879), and he may have worked in collaboration with Grauk on some of his sculptures during the early 20th century.
Séjour Villa Médicis : 1892-1895