(Thomas Sutton-Dudley de Clonard)
Thomas Sutton-Dudley the Honourable
Count de Clonard
- Born in 1428 - ,,,Ireland
- Deceased (DECEASED)
- John VI De Sutton Dudley Sutton de Clonard, Viceroy of Ireland, Baron Dudley & Sutton, Count de Clonard, Knight of the Garter 1400-1487
- Elizabeth Berkeley, Baroness Dudley, Lady Clonard, ..etc. 1401-1478
Spouses and children
- Married (ABOUT___1454) to Mary Catherine Strange, Countess de Clonard (see note) with
- Nicholas Sutton de Clonard, Count de Clonard 1455-
- Catherine De Sutton of Dudley 1421-
- Edmund De Sutton of Dudley, Deputy Lieutenant of Ireland , , , Baron Dudley, Etc. 1425-1483
- John Sutton Dudley, Esquire of Hatherington 1427-1503
- Margaret De Sutton of Dudley 1429-1457
- William De Sutton of Dudley 1431-1483
- Jane De Sutton of Dudley 1434-
- Oliver De Sutton of Dudley 1437-1469
- Eleanor De Sutton of Dudley 1439-1513
FATHER: John VI Sutton alias Dudley, Baron Dudley, was at this time Lord Lieutenant of Ireland, and living very often in Dublin or Wexford.
RESEARCHER: His wife Mary and/or Catherine, and/or Katherine are the same person. However English genealogists are still arguing controversial arguments, since the Old Nobility Irish Records were erased or incinerated following Royal Orders to be implemented in Eire.
These Controversial versions remain still open about "Mary-Catherine and Thomas" due to some discrepancies between 3 British Genealogist Groups. However we have more than good reasons to pretend that the a.m. related version is the authentic one, which was documented and certified as genuine by the King of Arms, to Lord Thomas «b.c. 1700» Sutton de Clonard - French Branch - during the second half of the XVIII Century «circa 1763».
A reduced number of copies of such document called "Lettres de naturalité supports" are still well kept in France, by his descendants and by the French Administration (Historical Archives).
Our Spanish Sutton's Genealogy agreed with our French cousins documentation and traditions on this matter.
Additional sources: "Heraldique et Généalogie, nº 124 de Juillet-Septembre 1992 France".
Or, "Familia 1990" (Book) by Kenneth Darwin, 106 pages, edit. 1990 - Volume 2, Nº 6 - Ulster Genealogical Review - Belfast. ISBN 0 901 905 461.
The same information is also available in the Old Chancellery Archives of Grenade (Spain), where our Ancestor "Redmond de Sutton et Dalton" was recognized as the heir of the Main Sutton de Clonard Branch (See also there his Official Heraldry, as another proof) and his rights to inherit the Anglo-Norman title of Count de Clonard (Lord Clonard) jointly with his properties in Eire and GB. « Item dated as of Dec. 10th. 1769». Also see the original of his Genealogical Tree issued by the Ulster King of Arms in Dublin as of «April 11th. 1764» . Both documents were kept in the same file in the a.m. Chancellery Archives
(The Strange family descents of "Guy de Bretagne" «d. 1331 France» and belonged to the Grey s Clan in England at this time. They also were family of Roger de Somery, our ancestor, level 9).
- Individual: Chancellery of Grenade (Spain) - Clonard House of Spain.
Family Tree Preview